Legendary Wondrous Item (Special), Requires Attunement
Star Vessel. This item appears like a small and well carved wooden model of a ship. When attuned to the item however, the ship becomes intangible, begins to emit a star-like bright light brightness in a 30-foot radius and it starts to float in the air around you. The ship has a flying speed of 15 feet and at the start of your turn you can control how and where the ship moves, but you can’t make it move further than 10 feet away from you.
Constellation Leylines. Once per long rest as an action, you can make the Astral Ship immobile and create an image of it within 60 feet of you. The image and the ship become connected by a 5-foot wide and 30-feet high white magical line. When the line appears, each hostile creature in the area must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4d10 radiant damage and becoming blinded until the end of their turn on a failure, or half as much damage without becoming blinded on a success. A hostile creature takes the same amount of damage and does not become blinded when it enters the line for the first time, or ends its turn there.
- As an action on each of your turns, you can create another image that becomes connected by the line to the latest image conjured.
- You can have a number of images conjured at a single time equal to your proficiency bonus.
- This effect lasts for 1 minute, after which all images disappear and the ship teleports within 5 feet of you.
- As a bonus action, an allied creature can touch one end of the line, and be immediately teleported within 5 feet of the other end of the line.
Astral Traveller. If you put the Astral Ship on water, you can spend 1 hour casting a difficult ritual, after which the small model of a ship temporarily loses its abilities and grows into a big seafaring vessel. You choose the size and appearance of the ship, but it cannot be more than 120 feet long and 40 feet wide, and it must have enough space to transform and fit into the body of water in which it was summoned. You can operate the ship telekinetically without any crew or significant effort and it doesn’t require any wind.
- Once per day at midnight, if the Astral Ship is covered in starlight, you can teleport the ship and everything on it to a place within any body of water it can fit in within 1 000 miles. You don’t need to be familiar with the place you teleport to, you only need to know the approximate distance and direction, if your chosen place is not viable for any reason, you will be teleported to the nearest viable body of water instead.
Instead of teleporting, you can also grant the Ship ability to fly for 1 hour and allow you to be transported to a random location in a different plane of existence of your choosing.
- The ship can be returned to its original size after 1 minute of concentration.
- The ship comes equipped with a number of chests and containers, and any items stored in them will transform alongside with the ship once it is returned to its original form, otherwise any creatures or items on the ship will be expelled to the nearest unoccupied space once it returns to its original form.