Medium Construct, Lawful Neutral
Armor Class: 18 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 187 (25d8+75)
Speed: 25 ft. fly 35 ft.
Saving Throws: Con +8, Wis +10, Cha +9
Skills: Arcana +9, Insight +15, History +9, Nature +15, Religion +10
Damage Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from nonmagical attacks, Lightning
Damage Immunities: Poison
Condition Immunities: Exhaustion, Petrified, Poisoned
Senses: Truesight 60 ft., Passive Perception 20
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan, Telepathy 60 ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +5
Nature’s Strings. Sage in Iron is a suit of armor possessed by a powerful nature spirit or fey. This causes its movements to sometimes seem as if it was moved by invisible strings. Some abilities that would incapacitate a normal creature merely disrupt the connection between the spirit and the armor. This has the following effects on the sage.
- Sage in Iron doesn’t have to spend any movement to get up from the prone position
- Sage in Iron loses its flying speed until the end of its next turn if it takes psychic damage.
- When affected by the following conditions, Sage doesn’t suffer from their normal effects, but instead only becomes unable to fly and cast spells: Blinded, Charmed, Frightened, Paralyzed, Stunned
- Sage in Iron doesn’t lose concentration from taking damage, instead losing it if it becomes affected by one of these conditions or goes unconscious. These conditions also make it lose its Green Knight feature for the duration.
Spirit’s Magic. The Sage in Iron’s spellcasting ability is Wisdom (Spell Save DC 18, +10 to hit with spell attacks). Due to it being used merely as a spellcasting focus by the spirit that possesses it, Sage in Iron can cast the following spells requiring no components.
- At will: Ensnaring Strike, Entangle, Shield of Faith, Speak with Animals
- 2/day (each): Moonbeam (3rd level), Spirit Guardians, Spirit Shroud,
- 1/day (each): Dispel Evil and Good, Wrath of Nature
Green Knight. The Sage in Iron is permanently under the effects of the Tree Stride spell. It can also use 5 feet of its movement to teleport within 5 feet of a creature within 90 feet of the Sage in Iron that are Restrained by the following spells or features: Ensnaring Strike,Entangle, Thorn Whip
Aura of Thorns. Any creature starting their turn within 10 feet of the Sage in Iron must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d6 piercing damage on a failure and having their speed reduced by 10 feet on a failure.
- Multiattack. Sage in Iron makes three attacks with its Emerald Sword, or two attacks with its Thorn Whip.
- Emerald Sword. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10(2d6+3) slashing damage plus extra 7(2d6) radiant damage.
- Thorn Whip. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 8(2d4+3) slashing damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Strength saving throw, becoming overgrown with thorny vines and becoming restrained on a failure. A creature restrained by the vines takes 3d6 piercing damage at the start of each of their turns, and they can use their action to make a Strength check against Sage’s spellcasting DC. On a success, the target is freed. The target is also freed if they take any fire damage.
- Crushing Vines. Any Restrained creature within 90 feet of the Sage in Iron automatically takes 4d6 bludgeoning damage.