Very Rare Weapon (Greatsword), Heavy, Two-Handed
Lost Power. This once formidable weapon has long since lost its exceptional enchantments. All that remains are insignificant embers of its former power residing in this now ordinary looking item, but some embers might yet still be rekindled.
This weapon has four distinct powers, Only one power can be active at a time. You can switch between powers using your bonus action while wielding the weapon in both hands.
Each power begins in its weakened state which is permanently replaced by its rekindled state when certain conditions are met.
You roll only for the rechargeable feature of the power you have currently active. When you switch to a different power, that power’s rechargeable feature is not charged, but you can immediately roll for recharge.
(The conditions of Rekindling, and the fact that this weapon can be rekindled at all should not be known to the player, and can’t be revealed by an identify spell)
- Hidden Flame. This feature is rekindled if:
- The wielder takes 35 or more fire damage in a single turn while wielding this weapon.
- This weapon is hit by a magical blacksmith’s hammer
- This weapon wounds a dragon that breathes fire
- This weapon kills a fire-immune creature with this weapon.
- (Weakened). Deals extra 2 fire damage to any target it hits
- Deals extra 1d6+1 fire damage to any target it hits.
- (Recharge 5-6) When you hit a creature with an attack made with this weapon, you can create a vortex of fire around you. All creatures within 5 feet of you must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d6 fire damage on a failed saving throw or half as much on a success.
- Arcane Esoterics. This feature is rekindled if:
- A spell of 7th level or higher is cast through this weapon
- A single wielder reduces a total of 30 spell damage with Arcane Esoterics Weakened feature
- A wielder spend at least 24 hours in the Astral Plane while wielding this weapon
- A wielder holding this weapon sees a spell of 8-9th level being cast.
- The sword is used to kill a spellcaster of at least 15th level.
- The sword is used to cast a spell for 7 consecutive turns
- (Weakened). Can be used as a spellcasting focus for wizard spells. Spell attacks of 1st level or higher cast through this weapon deal extra 1 force damage.
You can use your reaction to reduce the damage you take from a spell by 2 while wielding this weapon.
- You are proficient with this weapon even if you are not proficient with greatswords.
- Can be used as a spellcasting focus for wizard spells. Spell attacks cast through this weapon deal extra 1d4 force damage.
You can use your reaction to reduce the damage you take from a spell by 1d10+1 (to a minimum of 1) while wielding this weapon
- (Recharge 5-6) If a spell requires you to make a melee spell attack, you can instead make a weapon attack with this weapon, inflicting the weapon’s effects on a successful hit in addition to the normal weapon damage.
- Divine Secrets. This feature is rekindled if:
- The wielder gains a favour from a Celestial while the sword is in their possession
- The wielder meets a God while holding this weapon
- The sword is used to kill a Fiend of at least CR 9
- A single wielder is healed for a combined amount of 100 Hit Points by Paladin’s “Lay on Hands” while the sword is in their possession
- The sword is affected by the Holy Weapon spell.
- The sword is used to deal 30 or more Radiant Damage with a single attack.
- A single wielder deals 15 critical hits with this weapon.
- (Weakened). When you roll a 20 on an attack roll made with this weapon, you gain a 1d4 bonus on your next attack roll or saving throw made until the end of your next turn.
- When you roll a 20 on an attack roll made with this weapon, you gain a 3d4 bonus on your next attack roll or saving throw made until the end of your next turn.
- (Recharge 5-6) When hit by a melee attack, you can gain 1d12 temporary hit points that last until the end of your next turn. You deal additional 1d12 radiant damage with your attacks made with this weapon while having these temporary hit points.
- Natural Mysteries. This feature is rekindled if:
- A single wielder stabilizes a creature at least 15 times while the sword is in their possession
- A wielder manage to befriend a beast of at CR 2 while the sword is in their possession
- The sword stays in the Fey Realm for at least 2 weeks
- The sword is part of a bargain with a Fey
- Use this weapon to kill a Plant creature of CR 9 or higher
- (Weakened). The blade of the sword detaches and becomes tethered to the hilt by a group of thick vines. This increases the reach of the sword by 5 feet but gives you a -2 penalty on all attack rolls.
You gain a +1 bonus on checks to stabilize a creature while wielding this weapon.
- The blade of the sword detaches and becomes tethered to the hilt by a group of thick sharp vines that are under your telekinetic control. This increases the reach of the sword by 10 feet.
- Once per turn when you hit a hostile creature with an attack made with this weapon, you can make a creature within 10 feet of you that is not unconscious regain 1d6 Hit Points. This feature cannot be used if you or the healed creature are in no immediate danger, or if you or the healed creature are the main aggressors.
- (Recharge 5-6) When you hit a creature with a melee attack, you can entangle them and up to two creatures within 5 feet of them in vines, forcing them to succeed a DC 15 Strength saving throw or be restrained until the end of their next turn. A creature restrained by the vines or any creature within 5 feet of them can use their action to make a Strength check against the DC, freeing them on a success.