The Enlightened is an evolution of the modular Allured statblock. They have at least 2-3 of the Gifts and Scars described in the Allured statblock, but they each come with a single Greater Gift as well.
Small/Medium Humanoid, Any Non-Good Alignment
Armor Class: 13 (16 With Mage Armor)
Hit Points: 104 (16d8+32)
Speed: 30 ft.
Skills: Arcana +7, Deception +7, History +7, Insight +5, Perception +5 Religion +7
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. Passive Perception 15
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Undercommon, any other four languages.
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Arcane Dabbling. Through their research into the occult, they have learnt the following spells at will (Spellcasting DC 15) without needing material components.
- Alter Self, Command, Identify, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil and Good, Sleep (1st level)
Price of Knowledge. Their dabbling with eldritch powers has left a mark on the body and psyche of the Enlightened. They are usually unnaturally pale, have sunken eyes, with often unnaturally long fingers and sometimes limbs. They also suffer from the following effects:
- Their dreams are often intertwined with disturbing images and haunting visions, Each time they make a Long Rest, they must make flat DC 10 roll, regaining only half of their hit points and not losing exhaustion on a failure
- They lose extra 5 Hit Points each time they take radiant damage
- Each time they go under half of their maximum Hit Points, they must make a DC 10 Charisma saving throw, being immediately permanently transformed into a random evil Aberration of CR 7 or lower with half of their Hit Points.
- Greater Gift of the Beast.
- They can make one extra Occultist’s Rapier attack as part of their Multiattack action
- Their base walking movement speed is increased to 40 feet
- Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on their Eldritch Lance and when they hit a creature with Eldritch Lance, the target must make a DC 15 Charisma saving throw, being forced to move up to half of their movement speed and make one weapon attack with the weapon they are currently holding against a creature of the Enlightened’s choice.
- Have a +5 bonus on Dexterity saving throws
- Greater Gift of the Dreamer.
- They can cast the Command spell as if they used a spell slot of 4th level
- When they use Eldritch Lance, it also targets all sleeping targets within 60 feet of the Enlightened that they can see. Sleeping creatures don’t gain the benefits of being prone against Eldritch Lance
- As a bonus action, the Enlightened can force a creature that they can see within 60 feet of them to make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw, going under the effects of a Sleep spell on a failure
- They can cast the Dominate Person spell at will. However creatures that succeed on the saving throw are immune to the effects when cast by the specific Enlightened.
- Have a +5 bonus on Wisdom saving throws
- Greater Gift of the Deep One.
- Their appendages become longer and more tendrily, increasing their reach by 5 feet
- They can Grapple as a bonus action and they can form two additional limbs that can be used only for grappling. Creatures grappled by the Enlightened are considered restrained.
- They can turn their blood into poisonous bile, as a reaction when they take slashing or piercing damage, they can force all creatures within 10 feet of them to make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4d6 poison damage and making them poisoned until the end of their next turn on a failure, or half as much damage and not being poisoned on a success.
- Their Eldritch Lance also targets all creatures they are grappling.
- Have a +5 bonus on Constitution saving throws
- Multiattack. The Allured makes two attack with their Occultist’s Rapier
- Occultist’s Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7(1d8+3) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) necrotic damage. If two or more of these attacks hit a single creature during a single turn, The Allured can make one Eldritch Lance attack as a bonus action against that creature until the end of their turn.
- Eldritch Lance. Ranged Spell Attack: +7 to hit, range 60 ft., one target. Hit: 14(2d10+3) force damage.